LANTNAVFACENGCOM A&E GUIDE
(4) Identify type(s) of automatic sprinkler system(s) involved, i.e., wet-
pipe, dry-pipe, preaction and/or deluge. Indicate areas to be protected and each type
of system proposed. If the use of a preaction or deluge system is contemplated, contact
the Fire Protection Branch at (804) 444-9908, for guidance before proceeding with
(5) Provide fire pump data if applicable.
A. Each A&E contract shall contain system safety requirements and
information, presented in the contract as follows:
(1) The "System Safety and Hazard Analysis" paragraph of the A&E's
appendix A, indicating safety concerns and project requirements.
(2) LANTDIV Form 5100/12, "Preliminary hazard List (PHL) and Risk
Assessment Code Validation", will be included as an Appendix A attachment if
(3) If the project has been determined to represent a critical or serious
safety risk, (Risk Assessment Code 1 or 2), a Preliminary Hazard Analysis will be
included as an Appendix A attachment and a Requirements Hazard Analysis (RHA)
must be provided as part of the design submittal. LANTNAVFACENGCOMINST
5100.13 of 19 February 1992 defines RHA requirements.
Take the following action:
(1) Review the system safety requirements presented and determine the
extent of their applicability to the project.
(2) Research safety criteria requirements for the indicated hazards.
(3) Document compliance with safety requirements and provide a
summary of intended or actual compliance actions.
(4) Ensure that the final plans/specifications for the project adequately
address all safety items.
(5) If a Risk Assessment Code of 1 or 2 has been assigned to the project,
request a copy of LANTNAVFACENGCOMINST 5100.13, "Execution of Facility System
Safety," and include the preparation of an RHA in the design effort. The services of a
system safety consultant may be necessary to produce this document.