4.6.5 HEATING PLANTS AND HEATING PLANT ADDITIONS
a. Before stating the type of fuel to be used and an economic comparison of the
selected fuel with other available fuels, contact the Cherry Point M echanical Engineering
Branch for the latest criteria for fuel selection.
b. Describe new boilers including size, pressure and type.
c. Describe any new auxiliaries to be added and what source of power will be used for
d. Describe the fuel storage and conveying system to be installed.
e. Describe the safety and combustion control systems utilized and how they will
4.6.6 REFRIGERATION (COLD STORAGE)
a. Identify areas to be refrigerated, indicating their usage and temperatu res to be
b. Describe type of refrigeration equipment and systems.
4.6.7 FUEL DISTRIBUTION AND STORAGE
(1) Describe type, location of take off from supply, and available pressure.
(2) Identify type and materials for pipe and v alves.
b. Liquid Petroleum Products
(1) Describe unloading facilities, such as dock, tank, car, or truck.
(2) Describe type of system and proposed features.
(3) State basis for storage capacity, rate of pumping, and number of dispensing
(4) Describe power supply, power requirements and hazard classification.
(5) Identify type and materials for pipe, tank and valves.