*Additional quantities returned to contract or
FED will distribute one copy each of the transmittal and submittal to the PM and one copy
to the ROICC.
c. Proposed deviations from the contract requirements - If the contractor proposes a
deviation from the contract requirements, it must be support ed by the following information:
(1) Reason for the proposed substitution.
(2) If material or equipment is unavailable, document efforts made to procure.
(3) Complete technical data on the proposed substitution, sufficient to determine
(4) Acknowledge that all changes caused by the proposed substitution will be the
responsibility of the contractor and at no additional cost to the Government.
(5) Proposed change, if any, in the contract price and/or time.
These submittals shal l be reviewed but not stamped. The A&E
comments/recommendations and reviewer action shall be noted on one copy of the transmittal
forms, the unstamped submittals and cost estimate shall be forwarded to the PM.
Upon completion of review by Cherry Point, the submittal will be stamped, dated and
signed, and distribution made to the contractor, ROICC, and A&E.
8.2.2 MISCELLANEOUS SUBMITTAL REVIEW ASPECTS
a. When a submittal must be revised by the A&E due to such reasons as changed
Government requirements or correction of design deficiency, it must be forwarded to the PM
with an explanation for the new requirements and the estimated change in contract price for
the contractor to comply with the new requirements.
b. Only certifications which state that the item submitted complies with the contract
requirements are acceptable. A statement that the item submitted is equal to or better than the
specified item will not suffice.