4. Indicate wheel loading, type of aircraft and any abnormal operating conditions.
5. Indicate the type of pavement, e.g., bituminous, concrete, reinforced, etc.
6. Include deviations from design publications and/or Naval Air Systems
Command planning standards, along with justification for the deviations.
7. Describe the method of handling storm drainage.
8. Provide a general statement describing the type of lighting to be provided and
the adequacy of existing runway and taxiway regulator capacities.
Erosion/Sediment Control and Stormwater Management:
1. Provide a brief description of the project site noting pertinent topographic and
geographic characteristics such as general ground slope, ground cover, presence or
lack of surrounding development, and proximity to wetlands or water courses
which could effect the design requirements for erosion and sediment control and
2. Describe the proposed erosion and sediment control measures in sufficient detail to
assess the designer's intent. Cite the pertinent criteria and regulations being
addressed. Inclusion of sketches is suggested, but not required.
3. Describe the proposed stormwater management measures in sufficient detail to
assess the designer's intent. Cite pertinent criteria and regulations being addressed.
If any variance from regulations is contemplated, describe the justification for the
variance in sufficient detail for review and approval. Inclusion of sketches is
suggested, but not required.
4. In the case that a waiver of stormwater management is contemplated, discuss the
basis for requesting a waiver. Provide enough information to evaluate the
justification and judge if it is warranted based upon the applicable criteria and
regulations. Inclusion of sketches is suggested, but not required.
5. Provide a brief description of the Stormwater Management (SWM) facilities
proposed or a brief explanation of the basis for a waiver application. Also provide
a brief description of the Erosion/Sediment Control facilities proposed.
Provide a type, height and justification for fencing.