Generic Contents Of Operation and Maintenance Manual by Systems as
Section A - Operation (White cover>
(1) General System Description - provides an overview of system
composition and operation of system.
(2) Start-up and Shutdown Procedures - provides step-by-step
instructions to bring systems from static to operational configurations and
from operating to shutdown.
(3) Normal Operating Instructions - include control diagrams with
data to explain operation and control of system and specific equipment.
(4) Operating Norms - provides temperatures, pressures, flow rates,
etc. to be expected during normal system operation.
(5) Emergency Operating Instructions - includes emergency procedures
for equipment malfunctions to permit a short period of continued operation
or to shut down the equipment to prevent further damage to the system and
equipment; provides emergency shutdown instruction for fire, explosion,
spills, or any contingency; and provides guidance on emergency operations of
all utility systems including valve locations and portions of systems
(6) Important and Special Considerations - contains items of special
interest concerning system design, construction, or operation; and provides
a list of environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, and other
relevant data) which are best suited for each piece of equipment and those
when the equipment should not be allowed to run.
(7) Test Procedures and Scheduling - provides procedures for
system/equipment tests not performed as recurring preventive maintenance.
(8) Operator Servicing Requirements - includes instructions for
services to be performed by the operator such as lubrication, adjustments,
(9) Safety Instructions - includes personnel hazards and equipment
safety precautions for all operating conditions.
(10) Flow Diagram - Indicates system liquid, air or gas flow during
(11) Diagrammatic Plans - provides plans, by floor, of actual system
installation, when possible.
(12) Valve List - includes listing and location of all major valves.
3 of 6