DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE FEDERAL ACQUISITION REGULATION
252.204-7004 REQUIRED CENTRAL CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause-
(1) "Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database" means the primary DoD repository for
contractor information required for the conduct of business with DoD.
(2) "Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number" means the 9-digit number assigned by Dun
and Bradstreet Information Services to identify unique business entities.
(3) "Data Universal Numbering System +4 (DUNS+4) number" means the DUNS number
assigned by Dun and Bradstreet plus a 4-digit suffix that may be assigned by a parent (controlling)
business concern. This 4-digit suffix may be assigned at the discretion of the parent business
concern for such purposes as identifying subunits or affiliates of the parent business concern.
(4) "Registered in the CCR database" means that all mandatory information, including the DUNS
number or the DUNS+4 number, if applicable, and the corresponding Commercial and
Government Entity (CAGE) code, is in the CCR database; the DUNS number and the CAGE code
have been validated; and all edits have been successfully completed.
(b) (1) By submission of an offer, the offeror acknowledges the requirement that a prospective
awardee must be registered in the CCR database prior to award, during performance, and through
final payment of any contract resulting from this solicitation, except for awards to foreign vendors for
work to be performed outside the United States.
(2) The offeror shall provide its DUNS or, if applicable, its DUNS+4 number with its offer, which
will be used by the Contracting Officer to verify that the offeror is registered in the CCR database.
(3) Lack of registration in the CCR database will make an offeror ineligible for award.
(4) DoD has established a goal of registering an applicant in the CCR database within 48 hours
after receipt of a complete and accurate application via the Internet. However, registration of an
applicant submitting an application through a method other than the Internet may take up to 30
days. Therefore, offerors that are not registered should consider applying for registration
immediately upon receipt of this solicitation.
(c) The Contractor is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the data within the CCR, and
for any liability resulting from the Government's reliance on inaccurate or incomplete data. To remain
registered in the CCR database after the initial registration, the Contractor is required to confirm on an
annual basis that its information in the CCR database is accurate and complete.
(d) Offerors and contractors may obtain information on registration and annual confirmation
requirements by calling 1-888-227-2423, or via the Internet at http://ccr.edi.disa.mil.
(End of clause)