- Determine number of foam makers.
(9), Sec. 3-2.5.2 or
- Push-button actuation is preferable (foam
and water lines are brought to each tank
where deluge valves allow foam and water
to run through a proportioner and then to
8. WATER SUPPLY
Provide adequate number of hydrants.
(l), Sec. 5.7.3
Ensure hydrants and PIVs are at least 40 feet
NFPA 24-1992, Sec. 3-3.2
from buildings they protect.
Provide adequate sectional valves in
(l), Sec. 5.7.2
Determine from flow test:
- Static press.
- Residual flow and press.
If sprinklers are required, obtain test data
as early as possible.
Can available supply meet water demand?
- If pressure is inadequate, provide booster
- If volume is inadequate, this may be solved
by increasing supply line sizes, looping
mains, and/or adding a water storage tank.
- Must be diesel-powered unless installation
(4), Sec. 5.1.1
complies with Chapter 6 of NFPA 20-1993.
- Controllers must be listed.
NFPA 20-1993, Sec.
7-1.1.1 and 9-1.1.1
- Flow meter required in addition to
(4), Sec. 5.2.1
- Remote alarms if not in constantly
(4), Sec. 5.2.4
- Individual press sensing lines for
(4), Sec. 5.3.2
- Special anti-corrosion coating for
(4), Sec. 5.7
9. SMOKE CONTROL SYSTEMS
Is this required?
(3), Sec. 1716(b) & (i)
1807(g), and 5603(c)
Show smoke zones/compartments with adequate
Show means of actuation and operating sequence
(detection, dampers, pressurization, etc.).