P-141, Change 3
or furnishings indicated. Differentiate
configuration (slope and structural system), (d)
"secure area" walls from standard walls.
floor systems/finishes, and (d) ceiling systems/
finishes. Show diagrams of system/finish
Door and window locations.
options (three minimum of each type) with
Dimensions and pertinent notes.
labeled components and related costs (tabular
Toilet fixture locations with handicap
form showing first cost and life-cycle
accessible type noted.
maintenance cost). Concisely list advantages
Area Tabulation Diagram with gross SF
/disadvantages for each system and identify
system chosen with reason for selection. This
Roof Plan showing slope, crickets, and
data, consisting of items listed above, may be
anticipated roof mounted equipment.
included as an appendix if referenced in the
Architectural Basis of Design.
1) Exterior finish material and color
notations coordinated with "exterior
1) Provide gross area calculation.
finish material samples".
2) Provide a room by room tabulation
a) Net area for each room indicating
3) Downspouts, flashing, crack control
both the programmed area and the
joints, expansion joints, and brick
area as designed.
b) Verify that room size is adequate for
4) Doors with frames and windows with
built-in and loose equipment and
frames, mullions, and operating sash.
5) Exterior grade and floor elevation(s).
furniture and for the identified
6) Extent of new additions/alterations
c) Identify the personnel by function and
related to existing construction.
7) Notes identifying special construction
elements related to architectural
Water and Moisture Proofing:
compatibility or other requirements.
1) Identify roofing membrane material. If
c. Architectural Building Section
single ply, identify proposed generic
1) Exterior wall type notations (cavity/
2) Describe means for controlling water
veneer)... do not draw wall construction
penetration and moisture migration
2) Outline of interior spaces and exterior
through exterior walls.
3) Describe typical roof and wall sections.
limits of walls, floors, roofs, and
Drawings shall be
developed to the extent indicated and drawn to
a. Architectural Plans
1) Room/Space Names with net square
foot (SF) labeled and special equipment
ARCHITECTURAL SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS