1. GENERAL : Requests for approval of the use of restrictive specifications shall be made
in advance and in writing to the Project Leader. Letters of request shall include the
a. Project information including Contract No. (N68711-FY-C-XXXX), Project No.
(P-XXX), Project Title, and Project Location.
b. Formal request for the use of restrictive specification in subject contract based
upon the following data:
1. Complete description of the item and the manufacturer.
2. Justification of why the specification must be restrictive. The Command
existing products or systems, unless the product or system will not function
properly if not matched exactly.
3. Estimated total cost of the contract.
4. Estimated cost of restrictive items.