4. Instructions for Maintaining a Log of Preventive Maintenance Accomplished - to provide
a system of work management where the accomplishment of preventive maintenance may
be recorded, monitored and controlled by either hand or computer method.
Section C - Corrective Maintenance
1. Troubleshooting Guides and Diagnostic Techniques - includes step by step procedures
to promptly isolate the cause of malfunctions of as-built systems and equipment, describes
clearly where and how the checkout is performed and what conditions are to be sought;
identifies tests or inspections and test equipment required for troubleshooting procedures.
In general, the troubleshooting guides for this manual should be carried to the level of cross
referencing the contractor provided manufacturer's troubleshooting data for the constituent
equipment, parts or components of the systems.
2. Maintenance and Repair Procedures - provides maintenance and repair instructions
and the list of tools required to restore as-built equipment to proper operating standards.
Include safety, Lock Out/Tag Out and environmental instructions.
3. Removal and Replacement Instructions - includes step by step procedures presented
as a combination of text and illustrations and a list of tools and supplies required for
removal, replacement, disassembly, and assembly of components, assemblies,
subassemblies, accessories, and attachments; provides the tolerances, dimensions,
settings, and adjustments required. Include safety, Lock Out/Tag Out and environmental
4. Instructions for Maintaining a Log of Corrective Maintenance and Repair Accomplished
- to provide a system of work management where the accomplishment of corrective
maintenance may be recorded, monitored and controlled by either hand or computer
methods; to include history of corrective maintenance actions, parts used, time required,
etc. for a given piece of equipment or system.
Section D - Appendix
General - All items included in the Appendix must be paged, indexed and properly cross
referenced throughout the text of the manual in Section A, B and C.
1. Inventory of Equipment - a listing of all equipment identifying nomenclature such as
make, model, serial number, size, location, etc. for each item.
2. Operation and Maintenance Data - Include Operation and Maintenance Data Package
information provided by the construction contractor per Section 01730 and the technical
sections of the specification. This information must also be incorporated into the
preparation of each system discussion under the Operation, Preventive Maintenance and
Corrective Maintenance sections of the Operation and Maintenance Manual.