(7) Compute the natural period of vibration using
(8) Calculate B/ru and T/TN. Enter Figure 6-7 of NAVFAC
P-397 with the B/ru and T/TN ratios to establish the
actual ductility ratio, [mu].
Compare [mu] with the criteria of paragraph 1.b. of this
section. If [mu] is larger than the criteria value, repeat
Steps 3 to 8.
(9) Compute the equivalent elastic deflection XE using
XE = ru/KE
Evaluate maximum deflection.
Determine maximum panel end rotation.
tan [theta] = Xm/(L/2)
Compare [theta] with criteria of paragraph 1.b. If [theta] is
larger than specified in criteria, select another panel and
repeat Steps 4 to 9.
(10) Check resistance in rebound using chart in Figure 41.
(11) Check panel for maximum resistance in shear by applying
criteria relative to:
(a) Simple shear, Tables 12 through 14.
(b) Combined bending and shear, Tables 12 through 14.
(c) Web crippling, Figures 43 and 44. If the panel is
inadequate in shear, select a new member and repeat
Steps 3 to 11.
(1) Pressure-time loading as shown in Figure 49a.
maximum ductility ratio, [mu]max = 3.0
maximum rotation, [theta]max = 2.0o
(3) Structural configuration as shown in Figure 49b.
(4) Steel properties: ASTM A446 Grade A
E = 30 x 106 psi
Fy = 40 ksi