06 MAR 97
INTERIM TECHNICAL GUIDANCE (ITG) - CVN DREDGE DEPTH CRITERIA
b. NAVFAC Headquarters, Engineering Field Divisions (EFDs) and Engineering Field Activities
(1) Provide technical advice and assistance to lead activities and shore activities having assigned
(2) Plan, design, and construct channels in compliance with the guidance stated herein.
NAVFAC Criteria Office
(1) Revise the following criteria to incorporate the guidance stated herein:
Design Manual 26.1, "Harbors"
NAVFAC P-80, "Facility Planning Criteria for Navy and Marine Corps Shore
(2) Provide technical advice and assistance to lead activities, shore activities having assigned water
areas, EFDs and EFAs.
5. Coordination: This ITG has been coordinated with CNO, COMNAVFACENGCOM,
COMNAVSHORLANT, COMNAVAIRLANT, CINCPACFLT, COMNAVAIRPAC, and
COMNAVSEASYSCOM. See distribution below for specific codes.
6. Points of Contact: For clarification or additional information related to this subject, please contact the
NAVFAC Criteria Office, Code 15C. The NAVFAC Criteria Office point of contact is Mr. David Curfman,
P.E., DSN 262-4203/757-322-4203, Fax 757-322-4416, Internet firstname.lastname@example.org.
R. D. CURFMAN
COMNAVFACENGCOM Codes 00CE/15/30