HYPERBARIC FACILITY INSPECTION AND AUDIT GUIDE
Area: RECOMPRESSION CHAMBER (Continued)
20. Are aural protectors present in the chamber and do they have
equalization holes drilled in each ear piece? U.S. Navy Diving Manual,
Appendix D, page D-7.
21. Does the medical lock, if present, operate properly?
22. Are mattress and bedding flameproof and is unauthorized or
flammable material excluded? U.S. Navy Diving Manual, Appendix D,
23. Are the primary and secondary air systems clearly defined and do they
meet the requirements of Appendix D, U.S. Navy Diving Manual?
24. Are the BIBS masks provided with separate isolation valves (one valve
25. Are sufficient oxygen bottles on station and can standby bottles be
readily connected or removed from the system while oxygen is in use?
26. Are oxygen fittings, pipes, and hoses of approved material and have
approved fabrication procedures been used?
27. Are chamber bilges and medical lock clean and dry?
28. Are drain plugs, if installed, free from signs of corrosion?
29. Are deck plates properly secured?