Phillips, Morgan W. and Judith E. Selwyn. Epoxies for Wood
Repairs in Historic Buildings. Washington, D.C. : Heritage
Conservation and Recreation Service, U.S. Dept. of Interior.
"Brief Notes on the Subjects of Analyzing Paints and
Mortars and the Recording of Molding profiles." APT
Bulletin. X, No. 2 (1978): pp. 77-90.
Phillips, Steven J. Old House Dictionary: An Illustrated Guide to
American Domestic Architecture, 1600-1940. Lakewood, Co.:
American Source Books, 1989.
Pierport, Robert. "Slate Roofing." APT Bulletin. XIX no. 2,
1987, pp. 10-24.
"Stripping Paint from Exterior Wood." The Old House
Journal. (December 1985): pp. 207-211.
"The Basics of Stripping Paint (from just about
anything) ." The Old House Journal. (Jan/Feb. 1988): p.
"The Basics of Plaster Repair." The Old House Journal.
(Mar/Apr 1988): p. 29.
Prentice, Helaine Kaplan and Blair. Rehab Right: How to Realize
the Full Value of Your Old House. City of Oakland Planning
Department: Ten Speed Press, 1987, 153 pp.
Preservation Briefs. Washington, D.C., National Park Service.
1. Mack, Robert C. Cleaning and Waterproof Coating of
Masonry Buildings. 1976.
2. Mack, Robert C. Repointing Mortar Joints in Historic
Brick Buildings. 1976.
3. Smith, David M. Conserving Energy in Historic Buildings,
4. Sylvester, Sarah M. Roofing for Historic Buildings. nd.
6. Grimmer, Ann E. Dangers of Abrasive Cleaning to Historic
7. Tiller, Patterson De Teel. The Preservation of Historic
Glazed Architectural Terra-Cotta. 1979.
8. Myers, John H. and Resources of Gary L. Hume. Aluminum
and Vinyl Sidings on Historic Buildings. 1985.
9. Myers, John H. The Repair of Historic Wooden Windows.
10. Weeks, Kay D. and David W. Look. Exterior Paint Problems
on Historic Woodwork. 1982.
13. The Repair and Thermal Upgrading of Historic Steel
14. Weeks, Kay D. New Exterior Additions to Historic
Buildings: Preservation Concerns, 1985.
15. Coney, William B. Preservation of Historic Concrete:
Problems and General Approaches, 1985.
18. Jandl, Ward H. Rehabilitating Interiors in Historic