4. At a minimum, the EFD Code 114 should review the conceptual
design, the 35%, pre-final and final submissions. Also, as indicated in
section I, a few selected projects will either be reviewed at
NAVFACENGCOMHQ or by a formally established acquisition team. For these
selected projects, the following sequence of submissions and reviews will
Concept Design submission. This submission will
include: Design rationale, major equipment list,
process flow diagram, proposed unit process sizing,
material balances and applicable hazard analyses.
Send three copies to NAVFACENGCOMHQ Code 043 for
review and comment. The comments will be provided at
the EFD review meeting.
35% Design Submission. Send three copies to
NAVFACENGCOMHQ Code 04B. Allow a 30 calendar day
review period for this review, which is to be
conducted concurrent with EFD and activity reviews.
Pre-final Design Submission. Same as for the 35%
POST CONSTRUCTION AWARD SURVEILLANCE AND SUPPORT
1. Due to technical complexity, these projects will be
inspected during construction by the design A/E or another qualified A/E
(Title II inspection).
2. Construction support tasks for the design contractor will
include all of the following:
Reviewing and providing comments on all proposed
design changes to ensure consistency with process and
Conducting "change analyses" for all design changes,
and for field changes, as applicable.
Providing assistance to ROICC during construction.
(1) Review and comment on shop drawings.
(2) Inspect field construction (Title II), unless
another A/E is retained for inspection.
(3) Participate in acceptance tests for all major
(4) Review construction change orders.