HYPERBARIC FACILITY INSPECTION AND AUDIT GUIDE
Area: RECOMPRESSION CHAMBER (Continued)
30. Are all valves, including exterior oxygen control valves for inner and
outer locks readily accessible?
31. Has an air sample been taken from the chamber interior to ensure that
no undesirable offgassing is occurring?
32. Are fire fighting equipment buckets, with stainless steel covers, or
portable air-charged water extinguishers in the chamber during use?
NAVFAC DM-39, page 39-257.
33. Does the primary air system have sufficient air to pressurize both locks
of the chamber twice to 165 feet and ventilate throughout the
treatment? U.S. Navy Diving Manual, Appendix D, page D-3.
34. Does the secondary air system have sufficient air to pressurize both
locks of the chamber once to 165 feet and ventilate for one hour? U.S.
Navy Diving Manual, Appendix D, page D-3.
35. Is emergency lighting available for operators and to illuminate inside
36. Are interior lamps provided with the proper wattage bulbs to prevent
37. Is chamber wiring, interior and exterior, of approved type, properly
installed and in good condition?
38. Are the chamber oxygen BIBS operating properly with adequate flow
rates and no leaks?