LANTNAVFACENGCOM A&E GUIDE
Minimum computer equipment necessary for running estimates is:
(1) Microcomputer (IBM 286 processor or better recommended)
(2) 640 K RAM memory
(3) Standard microcomputer printer (laser printer suggested)
(4) Hard disk (8 megabytes minimum)
B. Minimum Software Requirements
(1) MS-PC DOS Version 3.3 (or greater)
(2) The file CONFIG.SYS in the root directory with the following lines
FILE = 31
BUFFERS = 30
These are the minimum values required to run CES.
(3) System time and date must be accurate.
The final estimate submittals shall include the complete estimate on floppy
disk, the same as the 100% except for correction/inclusion of 100% comments. The
estimate may be submitted up to two weeks following the final documents submittal to
ESTIMATES FOR NEGOTIATED CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS
In addition to requirements established for competitively bid construction
contracts, estimates for negotiated construction contracts shall:
A. Use a computer run CES estimate including the Detailed Estimate (CSI
Sort) report unless estimated construction cost is less than $50,000. Ensure the
negotiated estimate choice is "Yes".