PROJECT REVIEW ENVIRONMENTAL PERMIT CHECKLIST
1. Does the project involve a hazardous waste transfer or storage
2. If yes, will the waste be stored longer than 90 days?
3. Is the required containment provided for spills?
4. Are incompatibles stored separately?
5. Is the floor slopped to allow spill collection or,
alternatively, are containers elevated to prevent contact with
6. Is the truck loading apron bermed to collect spills?
7. Is the facility at least 50 feet (15.24 meters) from the property line?
8. Is a construction permit required?
9. Is an operating permit required?
UNDERGROUND STORAGE TANKS
10. Does the project involve underground storage of regulated
11. Will there be closure or removal of an UST?
12. Will there be installation or modification of an UST?
13. Is a construction permit required?
14. Is notification or registration required?
15. Is leak detection provided?
16. Is the UST used to store heating oil only for consumptive
use on the premises?
17. Are regulatory design criteria met?
HAZARDOUS WASTE TANKS
18. Does the project involve either under or aboveground storage
of hazardous waste in tanks?
19. Will the hazardous waste be stored longer than 90 days?
20. Is a construction permit required?
21. Is an operating permit required?
22. Is notification required?
23. Is leak detection provided?
24. Is the tank double walled?
25. Is the tank compatible with what will be stored?